Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Bawful After Dark: May 4, 2010

20100503-steve-nash
Steve Nash waves goodbye to Bruce Bowen's stifling defense


Thanks to my Clark Kent job, this week sucks. Just so you know. Let's move on.

Worst of the Night in Pictures:

20100503-anderson-varejao
Varejao had to break out his harmonica to play the "We Got Beat By Rasheed Wallace" Blues

20100503-lebron-mvp
They did a good job photoshopping out the jizz dribbling down Stern's pants

All The Games:
Hawks at Magic - TNT, 8:00pm
Series tied 0-0

After taking out the broom and sweeping the Bobcats, the Magic have had eight days to rest, practice, play Xbox, and all that jazz. The Hawks? ...Not so much. It took them seven games to beat the undermanned, inconsistent Deer Bucks. And who does Atlanta have that can contain Pumaman Dwight Howard when he's on the floor? I look forward to seeing Horford and Zaza trying their best to mess with Howard and force him into taking bad fouls. But that's pretty much the only thing about this series I'm looking forward to seeing. (When this series goes seven games, you can thank me for the epic stat curse. Or when the Hawks get swept, you can say I was right all along. Woohoo! Win/win!)

Jazz at Lakers - TNT, 10:30pm
Lakers lead series 1-0

While I really want to see the Mormon Musicians take down the Lakers, it's really hard to see it happening. Why, you ask? (Even if you aren't asking it, just humor me.) Take a gander at this quote from Null-Star Kyrylo Fesenko, filling in for an injured Mehmet Okur: "In the first half, I was kind of thinking, 'Wow, I'm playing here against the Lakers. I have a long way to go. I'm not happy with my game. I need to play tougher. I got a little soft in the last couple of games." This is the guy you have patroling the paint against the likes of Pau Gasol and Andrew Bynum? He's too busy ogling cheerleaders and the Kiss Cam.

Also, Basketbawful reader snorthound submitted this comparison:

lakers4ToothTrim01

No comments:

Post a Comment