Friday, May 7, 2010

Bawful After Dark: Weekend Watch

20100506-dwight-howard
Hey Pumaman, you do realize hiding the ball behind your back like a baseball pitcher doesn't accomplish anything, right?

I'm absolutely braindead after a long week at work, and I have to wake up early Sunday morning to bowl in a tournament, so I won't get a good chance to catch up on sleep. Ugh. Let's keep this short and sweet today. My snark-meter is running on empty.

Worst of the Night in Pictures:

20100506-stan-van-gundy
Stan Van Gundy practices his fist pumping in hopes of landing a spot in the next Jersey Shore cast


20100506-dwight-howard-2
During the middle of a game is probably not the best time to work on your pushups


20100506-vince-carter
Vag Carter showboating after a dunk makes me much angrier than it probably should. Just so you know.

All The Friday Games:
Crabs at Celtics - ESPN, 7:00pm
Series tied 1-1

Hey, did you know LeBron's elbow is bothering him?

I can't believe how close this series can actually be. The Crabs are highly reliant upon King Crab to lead them, and if he comes out flat, the whole team plays flat. If he gets a little momentum going, the whole team goes with him. It's amazing. More importantly, Mike Brown in no way ever deserved a Coach of the Year award, and is very possibly holding this team back. I am just still dumbstruck by this and don't really know what to expect in this game. You know, except for being reminded about The Elbow every five goddamn seconds.

Suns at Spurs - ESPN, 9:30pm
Suns lead series 2-0

Even Bill Simmons is talking about this Suns team. Is that good or bad? I have no idea. I'm just glad Robert Horry and Bruce Bowen aren't around to hipcheck me into a table or torment the hell out of me with trips, shoves, and so forth, and I'm sure Steve Nash and the Suns feels the same way.

* * *

All The Saturday Games:
Magic at Hawks - ESPN, 5:00pm
Magic lead series 2-0

My buddy Matt (quick tangent: I know like 308 people named Matt, and yes, it is confusing as hell sometimes) posted a comment on Facebook before Game 1 of this series about how he hoped to see a Suns/Hawks matchup in the Finals. I replied saying I too wanted the Suns to make it and wouldn't count them out, but the Hawks were dreadfully overmatched and poorly coached and just not up to the challenge.

Last night he replied: "You were right, the Hawks are complete shit." So there you go.

Lakers at Jazz - ABC, 8:00pm
Lakers lead series 2-0

How close can the Jazz make it without winning for a third straight game? I'm on pins and needles!

* * *

All The Sunday Games:
Crabs at Celtics - ABC, 3:30pm
Series tied 1-1 (before Friday's game)

Suns at Spurs - TNT, 8:00pm
Suns lead series 2-0 (before Friday's game)

No comments:

Post a Comment