Thursday, September 9, 2010

NBA Jam "legends" thread

A couple days ago, ESPN's Marc Stein revealed the Eastern Conference rosters for the new NBA Jam game. Most teams have three current players and at least one legend, although some teams (such as the Charlotte Bobcats and Milwaukee Bucks) are legendless.

(Sorry, Big Dog. You didn't make the legends cut.)

Some of the legends made me laugh (Glen Rice and Rony Seikaly for the Heat), some made me want to cry (Detlef Schrempf for the Pacers instead of Reggie Miller or Rik Smits), and still others left me scratching my shaved head (Larry Johnson is a Knicks legend...really?!).

Other notables: No Jordan. Penny Hardaway isn't one of Orlando's legends (that honor goes to Nick "The Brick" Anderson and Scott Skiles). Manute Bol is Washington's sole legend. The Pistons somehow got four current players (Richard Hamilton, Rodney Stuckey, Charlie Villanueva and Ben Gordon). Oh, and Bill Laimbeer is a Detroit legend...so we all get one more chance to thug him.

I gotta admit, I'm stoked. Can't wait to find out the Western Conference lineups. Any legends predictions? Any Eastern Conference legends you would have liked to see (I was thinking Wilt Chamberlain for Philly myself).

Btw, the Raptors don't have a legend presumably because (giggle) Vince Carter is still, like, an active player and stuff (he's on the Magic's Jam roster). But they do have their mascot! (H/T Sorbo, Mladen and chris)

No comments:

Post a Comment