“Racing and performance are the roots of Chevrolet, a tradition carried forward today by Corvette,” said Rick Scheidt, vice president of Chevrolet marketing. “The Centennial Edition not only celebrates our 100 years, it once again pushes Corvette forward for a new generation of sports car fans.”
The 2012 Centennial Edition will be available as a special package on all Corvette models, including the Grand Sport that features a 6.2-liter V8 pumping out 430HP, the Z06 that comes equipped with a 505HP 7.0-liter V8 and the flagship ZR1 with its 638-hp supercharged LS9 V8 engine.
The special package comes exclusively in Carbon Flash Metallic, with satin-black graphics and unique Centennial Satin Black wheels and red brake calipers. The lightweight wheels come with a thin red outline around the perimeter of its surface on the Z06, and are specific to the respective Corvette models, including 18-inch/19-inch for Coupe, Convertible and Grand Sport; and 19-inch/20-inch for Z06 and ZR1.
Other exclusive features include a graphic logo featuring an image of Louis Chevrolet that appears on the B-pillars, the center caps of the wheels, and the center of the steering wheel, while the crossed flags badge contains a small adaptation, with “100” in place of the traditional fleur-de-lis symbol.
The black and red color theme is continued inside with the Ebony leather-wrapped instrument panel and doors complemented by red stitching on the steering wheel, seats, console and shifter. The interior also gets microfiber suede accents on the seats, steering wheel, shifter and armrests, while the seat headrests carry an embossed centennial logo.
All Centennial Edition Corvette models will be equipped with GM’s Magnetic Selective Ride Control as standard.
The Corvette Centennial Edition package will be available through the order code ZLC, with pricing to be released this summer prior to the start of sales.
Those in a hurry can participate in a special auction of a Corvette Z06 Centennial Edition at the Barrett-Jackson event in West Palm Beach, Florida, on April 9, with the proceeds to benefit the Austin Hatcher Foundation for Pediatric Cancer.
The auction model will be the 100th 2012 Corvette to roll off the assembly line, with a vehicle identification number ending in “00100”, and will be based on the production 3LZ model with the Z07 performance package, new Z06 carbon fiber hood and CFZ carbon fiber package which includes the following features:.
- Bose premium sound system, with one-year XM subscription, navigation and USB
- Bluetooth hands-free phone connectivity
- Power-adjustable and heated seats
- Memory package, home remote, Head Up Display and power-telescoping steering wheel
- The Custom Leather Wrapped Interior Package, with leather-wrapped upper instrument panels, upper door trim panels and console storage cover and red contrasting stitching
- Z07 performance package, including Brembo ceramic brakes, Magnetic Ride Control and 19-inch/20-inch wheels and Michelin tires
- CFZ package includes carbon fiber rockers, front splitter and roof
- New Carbon Fiber raised hood option for Z06, which was introduced on the 2011 Z06 Carbon Edition.